Friday, January 9, 2009

July 25th

I've been booked for the 25th July for quite some time, in fact I have 7 Weddings booked for July and only 1 Saturday free (it's the 4th if anyone is interested). Yesterday morning I had an email from a couple asking to book me for their Wedding on the 25th, it was flattering but I had to email back and say no - sorry. Strangely that afternoon I had a phone call from another couple, they also wanted me to photograph their Wedding on - guess when, the 25th July. I dont know what that date has that is so special but I seem to be in demand. It's very frustrating that I have to turn business away, especially when other dates are free but I just can't split myself in two.

Yesterday I was photographing a public school for one of my regular commercial clients, it was a long day but very enjoyable, we got some great shots for the new prospectus and web site. I am sorry I cant put the shots here, most of them contain children and the hassles of getting permission from parents are just too great. I hope to get permission from a couple for another reason so hopefully I can post them sometime in the future.

Last night the phone rang, it was Andrew (of Andrew and Emily whos Wedding I photographed a while back) Andrews Sister is getting Married in 2010 and they want me to be their Photographer, getting bookings is always good news but recommendations are definately the best. You can see some of Andrew and Emilys shots on my web site at www.amforbes.com. Congratulations to them on the birth of their little one recently.

I am bitterly disappointed with Warehouse Express who I have been buying lots of camera gear from recently. As you might have read in past Blogs, the 450D has been underperforming and I have now sent it back twice. I also sent a recorded delivery letter to the MD asking for a replacement camera as it has now been back twice, that letter has so far gone unanswered. I called them today, they are refusing to replace it and they have sent it on to Canon for repair, it sat in their office for 2 weeks before they did anything. It's a real blow, I always used them for gear but I wont buy anything else from them again, they are not the cheapest but I liked their attitude. Now I need to find another supplier.

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP