Friday, March 20, 2009

Phil and Jo at Castle Menzies

I’ve just finished processing and proofing the photographs from Jo and Phils Wedding 2 weeks ago. The service was held in Castle Menzies, near Aberfeldy and the reception was in Kenmore Hotel. Although Jo and Phil live in England, they both have a love of Scotland, in particular Perthshire. I had met them once before when they were up so I know the day would be a good laugh, they are both full of hilarity and really photogenic. I had Caroline with me to assist me which was a great help as the day was not great and I needed flash for most of the shots, Caroline is an expert at holding and setting up my speedlights and diffusers.  Jo and Phil really wanted snow, it’s a pity they had not been up the week before as the snow was very high but today it was just wet.

07 03 09 - 004 07 03 09 - 008

We found Phil in Kenmore hotel trying to figure out how to tie his fancy tie, I was of no help in that department so he went and found someone that knew how to do it.
07 03 09 - 015 07 03 09 - 018

Surprise Surprise, Phil and Rory (best man) in the bar, I was allowed behind the bar to get some shots that set the scene of what was going on.
07 03 09 - 023 07 03 09 - 028

After they finished their pints we took them outside for a few shots under the portico of the hotel reception to keep the rain from their suits.

Jo and Phil Jo and Phil
We drove along to Aberfeldy where Jo and her entourage were staying, things were a little behind schedule so we waited around to be let into the room.  Not sure what that woman is doing under the dress though.

 
07 03 09 - 075 07 03 09 - 088

Jo arrived in the car with her Brother Chris who was giving her away, the Wedding car is a classic Citroen supplied by avant garde cars – I know these people well and can recommend them.

 07 03 09 - 103 07 03 09 - 119

During the service Jo and Phil had a hand fasting ceremony using a tie of Menzies Tartan
07 03 09 - 145 



There was confetti afterwards, not many venues allow confetti anymore so this was nice, it was designed to stay fluttering longer and it seemed to work, it allowed me to get the shot I wanted anyway!

 



07 03 09 - 178 07 03 09 - 189

The beauty of a place like Castle Menzies is that there are loads of free rooms with great architectural features to use in photographs and they are totally deserted so no guests sneaking round and getting in the way, it was just Me, Caroline and Jo & Phil.



07 03 09 - 200 07 03 09 - 193

07 03 09 - 226

Back to Kenmore Hotel for the meal, Audrey and her staff had the room looking lovely, the cake was a collection of cup cakes which I have seen more and more recently, I guess it makes cutting it easier!



To Jo and Phil, thanks for being such great sports and great clients, nothing was too much hassle for you and I really enjoyed working with you – all the best for the future.

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP