Sunday, March 1, 2009

Guthrie Castle

Today I took a stand at Guthrie Castle Wedding Fair, it was my first foray into Wedding Fairs apart from a disastrous one I did at the Isle of Skye hotel last year but we'll not talk about that. This was a very well organised and well publicised event and there were hundreds of people through the door during the day. Sometimes my stand was mobbed and I could not talk to people and other times there was no one around. So, if you came by and I was talking to people - sorry but please do get in touch and I'll be delighted to come and see you at a convenient time.

2 people wanted to book me but they were both for dates that I am already booked, this is so frustrating but a fact of life as when most Weddings are Summer Saturdays. However, many other people were interested and took literature away with them, I gave out over 100 brochures and took information from 5 people that want to meet me to discuss their Weddings in more detail.

Oh, and I got a star! One lady came by and had a chat, she is getting married in a tiny Church that  I happen to know very well, we had a long chat and she took away a brochure. She marked my brochure with a star, apparently that marks me out from the others - I was very pleased!

A couple came by and chatted, I asked if they had found a Photographer yet, yes they said, we've booked you! I had a horrible sinking feeling on my stomach, I didn't recognise this couple and I normally recognise all my customers, past and present! Quickly they introduced themselves as Jacqueline and Michael who had been referred to me by Emily and Andrew and we had not had the chance to meet yet. They dropped by to have a chat and introduce themselves which was lovely but it took a while for my blood pressure to drop again.

Another thing that surprised me was that 3 people came and chatted to me, told me they read the blog and wanted to have a closer look at my work before booking me. It's good to know that my ramblings are being read. So, all in it was a good day, I took over 50 entries in the draw for a Pre Wedding Shoot and I'll get someone to make the draw tomorrow then announce the winner here tomorrow night.

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP