Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blogging (or lack of it)

Yet again I am apologizing for the lack of posts here – it has been weeks now and I know that many people read my blog every month, the numbers are growing so I apologise that nothing has changed here for a while.

So what have I been up to? December started off a little quiet, no Weddings at the start which is unusual but a fair bit of commercial work to keep me out of trouble and to keep the wolf from the door. I actually ended up with 4 Weddings in December but they were all crammed into the last 2 weeks. It started with a trip to Newcastle (read this one below). After that I was back in Birkhill Castle for the Wedding of Louise and Mike, a lovely couple who live abroad on cruise ships. Then after Christmas I was back in Balbirnie house (first time in years) for Katy and Gordys big day, that was a longer day than I am used to but a great Wedding and one of the best venues I have worked in. The year finished in East Lothian at Carberry Tower for Paul and Shonas day, they both live in Singapore so we had never met but we all got on really well and the results look fab.

So, I now have 28 gigabytes of Wedding Photographs to work through so that will be next week taken care of.

I’ve just been reviewing the stats for my web site and blog and was especially interested in what people search for when they find my site, it’s really odd seeing this and it is actually quite good fun and interesting to see how they end up at my site after searching for something that appears to be totally unrelated. A few examples:

"sheena and stephan"
brett harkness
calum forbes photographer edinburgh
claire forbes wedding
glasgow fruitmarket wedding
job with emma jewellery



As for January, it’s quite quiet which is typical – Weddings kick off again in February and quite a busy year so far, June and July are now pretty fully booked with every Saturday taken in each of them and in total I have 37 Weddings, I’ll almost certainly add a few more to that as the year goes on.

Some of the venues I am booked for this year include:

Woodlands Hotel Dundee
Guthrie Castle
Kinkell Byre
Atholl Palace Hotel
Garvock House


The Apex Hotel Dundee
Forbes of Kingennie
The Inchture Hotel
Western House Hotel, Ayr


Angus Hotel Blairgowrie
Duck Bay Marina – Loch Lomond
Pollockshields Burgh Hall
Castle Menzies
Landmark Hotel Dundee
Dollar Academy
Keavil House
Glenskirlie House
Queens Hotel Dundee
Lands of Loyal Hotel, Alyth
Cornhill House, Biggar
The Invercarse
Altamount Hotel, Blairgowrie
Carnoustie Golf Hotel

Last year I was in Piperdam a lot, this year I don;t have any bookings there but Forbes of Kingennie is taking over with 4 bookings there, it’s a stunning venue so I am happy about that. Another new venue for me is the Apex in Dundee, I have 2 bookings there this year.

2009 was the year of the house party for me, this is becoming very popular with locations such as Birkhill Castle where you can rent the whole house and treat it as your own. I like these Weddings as I really feel part of the day.

I’ll be posting some of my favourite Weddings of 2009 later so watch this space, in the meantime, happy New Year and if you are getting married this year, I hope you have a ball.

Cheers

Angus

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP