Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dawn and Fraser – Wedding Photography Scotland

Last Friday I was back at Piper Dam (boy I am getting to know that place well) for the Wedding of Dawn and Fraser. The day started at Dawns parents farm near Abernyte for a few “getting ready” shots before I headed off to Piper Dam to meet up with Fraser and his Best Woman (also his sister) Sara. Fraser was very nervous, probably the most nervous I have ever seen a groom, he’d started on the hard stuff already to steady his nerves.



10 04 09 - 046 


We took a few shots of the 2 of them round the grounds, it was a little cold and windy but we managed to find a couple of sheltered areas.



10 04 09 - 069

After a bit we headed inside for the service and to await the arrival of Dawn. Fraser looked anxious as he sneaked little peeks back up the aisle to see if she was coming.

Dawn and Fraser
10 04 09 - 140
The service was conducted by Maureen from Angus Council in Forfar, we’ve met before and I suspect we’ll meet next Saturday for another Wedding in Piper Dam!

Afterwards I took some group shots before we headed over to the playpark, Dawn and Fraser had always seemed like good fun and I suspected they would not be too keen on traditional shots. We started off with feeding the ducks


10 04 09 - 201

Then I persuaded them to climb on the playpark swings and climbing frames, I was silently praying that nothing got broken – perhaps this was a stupid idea but they seemed to be having fun.


10 04 09 - 219


10 04 09 - 212


10 04 09 - 218


After that we headed back to the warmth of the rooms and they were just being called for dinner.

I had roped in Alan, Dawns brother to be my assistant and carry my softbox, it is possible to do this alone but it acts like a sail so it is easy to lose it to the wind, especially when using a long heavy lens.
Thanks Alan for your help, you were great

Dawn and Fraser


0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP