Tuesday, February 10, 2009

EOS 450D

Those of you that have read my previous blogs (and there are around 2000) might remember the sorry tale of my experience with Warehouse Express and a faulty 450D. If you dont then read back a few pages in the blog. My new 450 arrived and I excitedly opened the box and charged the battery fully. I was a little apprehensive, what if the same issue was there in the new one? I’d have to accept that the 450D was not a good investment – I can’t understand why people use these for Weddings, they are good (well should be) but not that good.

So, I stuck the battery in, put a lens on and – well, nothing actually, no power, just like the battery was flat. So, I took it out and stuck it back in the charger but the green light came right on. So I took the lens off and tried again – it powered up fine. You know that sinking feeling when you just feel something is going to give you grief! I took a few test shots and had a look at them, they were better, I still think slightly soft but I’d probably have been happy had I not been looking for these issues.



So, I stuck the card back in the camera and switched it on again, nothing, nada, zilcho – and any other words for nothing I can think of. It just wont power up so I tried removing the battery, the lens, replace the lens, try a different lens etc but still nothing. I left it a bit and tried again – still nothing. I was getting hacked off – can you imagine. I decided I had reached the end of the line with a 450D so I emailed Christine at Warehouse to tell her I wanted a refund. I also took a short video clip of it not working, just in case it started I wanted to show that it at least was an intermittent fault.

In fairness to Warehouse Christine called me at 8.30 the next day to say they would collect it and refund my money. I still needed a small travel camera though, buying a Nikon was not an option as all my lenses are for Canon. In the end I opted for a Powershot G10, it has arrived , it works and I am happy. It feels like an old Leica I used to own in the good old days. It is very like a Canon slr in operational terms, you can choose P or manual and over ride shutter speed or exposure. The only thing you can;t do is stick on a Polariser filter.

Lets hope we have a happy relationship!

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP