Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Web Site Stats

It’s a full month since my new site went live and I got the first set of numbers through from Danny at Aerovision IT. It’s an interesting set of numbers. Firstly I see a map of the Uk with dots to represent where my visitors are coming from. 


web-stats

You can see that quite a lot of my visitors are from the Central Belt of Scotland which is what I’d expect, also quite a few from London which you’d expect purely because of the population coverage there. There are a few odd numbers, like Huyton with Roby where I have had 10 visitors, it’s a small suburb of Liverpool and I can’t for the life of me figure out why I have had so many visitors from there. Only 10% of the visitors are new visitors and the visits are spread over a few days so it’s likely that it will be someone looking for a Photographer in this area and going back to the site over and over then emailing the link to their friends. They spend an average of 3.8 minutes on the site which is quite a bit of time for a small site.

Slough and Bristol have had 1 visitor each but they spend 14 minutes on the site which is a very long time for a site of only 8 pages, most time seems to be spent on the gallery pages which you would expect. In total I have had 427 unique visitors to the site, looking on average at 4.7 pages, spending 3.43 minutes doing so. The bounce rate is critical, this means people that find the site then immediately leave, it means that they are searching for something different but find my site – this would indicate an error in the search engine wording. My bounce rate is 20% which apparently is quite low, over 50% would be an issue.

 



I’ve had visitors from USA, Canada, Egypt, Africa, France, Spain and various other countries.

What really matters to me though, is customers and since my new site went live then I have had a real increase in clients. I set a target to do 40 Weddings each year, that roughly equates to 3 bookings per month. At the start of November I was averaging one booking per week, the last 4 days have resulted in 5 bookings so I am really pleased. I can’t say it is all down to the web site, about 50% of bookings during November are recommendations from other clients which is fantastic but you could argue that without a decent web site they might not have booked.

I’m working on phase 2 of the site which goes live in January, this will include testimonial pages from existing clients as well as links to other wedding suppliers.

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP