Friday, May 8, 2009

Photography in Scotland

Sorry the blog has been a little sparse of late, I’ve been really busy which is great news considering the economic climate but it means that the blog gets neglected and having just seen the visitor numbered for last month there are quite a few of you that seem interested in what I’m up to.

2 weeks back I was on a highland estate continuing the job of photographing various properties for the new web site, this is a great job, nice people and a great location. I do quite a lot of this work and am getting quite well known for it now. I have 1 day left to finish the job which will be more outdoors photographing the type of activities that the estate offers it’s clients.

There are a few shots from the last job.
01 05 09 - 005 01 05 09 - 257 01 05 09 - 190 01 05 09 - 034 01 05 09 - 115

Recently I have been working for a client that is going into business to compete with British Gas in the home boiler maintenance industry, we found a good model, got him dressed up in the corporate gear and photographed him at various places round a house. It was a really enjoyable job, the weather was good, the model excellent and it just went really well. I’m not sure if I am allowed to mention the name or not so I better keep quite. In these kind of shoots the idea is to get the companies logo in as many places as you can to reinforce brand awareness so I’ve had to blank it out on these shots. It’s a big company and they are putting many hundreds of thousands of pounds into this new service so you’ll see it soon.




17 04 09 - 188 17 04 09 - 178 
If any photographers are wondering about the lighting here, I used a remote fired speedlight held against the windscreen by the client zoomed to 80mm to bring the models face out of the dark interior.
17 04 09 - 011
I know blanking out the logo kind of spoils it and I am sure my client wont mind but I’d better do it just to be safe.


Other news, I’ve been working this week for one of Scotlands local authorities on a new job for them. Again my contract prevents me mentioning them – this is to make sure that they are not being seen to recommending me over any other supplier. So, no photographs, no names etc. Sorry!

2 more Wedding bookings this week, one for Dianne and Michael who get married at Taychreggan hotel near Oban in August and another for Helen and Douglas who get married in September in Morar in the highlands, this should be a great wedding if we get good weather as it is right by the beach and already my mind is running away with ideas for shots.

Tomorrow I head up to Aberdeen to meet a lady that wants me to photograph her Wedding in June – a very late booking and strangely enough I have had 2 enquiries for this date which is almost unheard of. Then I head to Kincardine Castle for the Wedding of Steve and Saskia which I am very much looking forward to. After the Wedding I’m off to Alyth for a very small job before heading home to bed.

Sunday I’m off to Spain to sort out a bit of hassle with our house there and also to photograph the Jerez Horse Festival, back Thursday than right into 2 jobs on Friday – I’m hoping for a day off sometime soon!

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP