Saturday, November 15, 2008

Odd Email
I've just received an annomous email through my web site which must be from another Photographer, it reads:

You're ruining the industry as well as your business offering your clients the copyright of their images.

Now, this email is blank and unsigned so I cant enter into serious debate with this person about the merits or other wise of offering Copyright Free Wedding Photography but I do feel that it suits my business well, I'm pretty busy so that would suggest that clients are happy with it too. I understand why Photographers want to hang onto the copyright as it means they can sell on loads of prints at a vastly inflated price, dont get me wrong, there is a time and place for hanging on to the copyright, I just don't feel that it is for Wedding Photography. I like to treat people the way I'd like to be treated myself and I'd be pretty hacked off paying someone over £500 for a days work then having to go to them every time I need another print. In addition to that there is the practical point, some of my clients come from Abroad and they don't want the hassles of me shipping prints and albums round the globe, they would rather obtain them locally. Also, as people get more skilled in digital technology then they would obviously like to put together their own albums, create web sites and make their own prints - who are we to stop them.

So, if Mr or Mrs annomous wants to have a serious discussion then please do get in touch but this time dont be afraid to leave your email.

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP