Friday, November 21, 2008

450D

A few months back I bought a load of new kit, this included a Canon 450D which I wanted to use as a travel camera as it is quite small. I bought a Sigma lens to go with it. I'd never really used it before Tuesday when we went to Tentsmuir and I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the results. On close examination they were quite soft and grainy, even at 200iso. I examined this further and took some shots with expensive lenses, this was better but still not very good. I also took the same shots on a 5D (a much more expensive camera) and the difference was like night an day. I appreciate that the 5d is 3 times as much but I still feel that I should get a nice sharp image from the 450.

A chat with my supplier, Warehouse Express discovered that this might be a known problem (I guess the guy at Warehouse should not have said this) so he agreed to have it back and will return it to Canon - we'll see what the outcome is. If they say nothing is wrong then I'll be wanting a refund, if they say they will replace it then I'll be testing it thoroughly as soon as I get it.

This was a replacement for the camera that was damaged when we were travelling through Europe earlier this year and readers of my previous blog (http://ourbigtriproundeurope.blogspot.com) will remember that thanks to our dog Ben my last camera ended up in the river. If I am not satisfied with the Canon then I don't know what I will go for next.

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP