Thursday, October 8, 2009

How other Photographers work

Well, I’m on holiday and have been on Cadiz for a couple of days. Susan and I found these lovely Botanical Gardens and had a walk round whilst we waited for a bus back to the hotel. As we wandered, Susan said “bet you’d love to have gardens like these to take Brides and Grooms to”. Just as she said it we spotted a wedding party with their photographer. As always I like to watch other Photographers, there is always something to learn from other professionals .



I tried to hide behind a bush as I watched the Photographer at work but I was spotted so I wandered along with the crowd for a while but whilst I rarely (in fact nearly never) criticise other photographers this was was special. She had a fag hanging from her mouth whilst she worked, at one point she spat it out then followed that with a huge big spit on the ground.

IMG_0603
IMG_0605

She picked this wee girl up and plonked her on a wall, the poor girl was terrified and she said loudly to her “If you don't smile you’ll get smacked”.

 


IMG_0606

All along she looked totally miserable like she hated her job, it was such a shame the Bride and Groom looked like a lovely couple and I am certain that the shots that they would have been given would be pretty poor. Even the equipment was of a pretty low standard, basic consumer digital SLR with cheap lenses, I know that it’s what you do and not what you have that makes the difference but there is a basic level of equipment that is required and especially decent lenses. She appeared not even to have a back up camera!

It was such a shame, I’d kill to have a location and light like that and it seemed to be wasted.

0 comments:

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP