Friday, September 18, 2009

Louise and Gary – Kinnoull Church and Salutation Hotel, Perth. Wedding Photography Scotland

Louise and Gary got engaged in Butchart Gardens, Vancouver Island, Canada. A stunning place, we have been there a few times and love it too so I knew that we’d get on great. Considering the weather we have had recently they were very lucky to have such a great day. As usual I started off at Louise’s Mums house in Perth overlooking the Tay, we captured the getting ready process. I have a feeling that Louise would not be happy with me if these shots ended up here!!



120909-003


120909-010 
Being so close to the river has it’s benefits, especially on a great day as last Saturday was.
120909-070

Louise has done some modelling in the past and it certainly shows, she went right into the poses I was just about to ask for – an easy day for me then!

120909-082


I caught up with Gary and his Best man Ben at the Church, I’ve been here a few times and the Minister is great, very accommodating and a really nice guy.
120909-124 120909-141

The service was relaxed, informal and at times very funny.
120909-232

I loved the light coming in through the Church windows.
120909-292 Because of the Butchart Gardens connection, Louise wanted to do some shots in Rodney Gardens, ok not quite the same but I have to say a beautiful location for photography, especially on a sunny day like this. In the past I have had to queue up behind other photographers on good days here. Today we were alone.

120909-300 Under the bridge for a few more shots. Here I even had to ask a passer by to hold my flash.
120909-307
Over by the lake for a last shot before we headed to the Salutation Hotel for the meal. I have never photographed a Wedding here before but I was very impressed.
120909-337 The room was decorated very well, and the cake was stunning – it was made by a relative, this is actually very common that relatives make cakes. I never imagined that there would be so many talented people out there that are able to do this.



120909-411 Some hilarious moments at the speeches – mainly at Garys expense. Then dinner!

2 comments:

kedren September 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Fabulous pics, can't wait to see the rest - you're really talented Mr Forbes! Beautiful subjects too.

Anonymous September 24, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

OH MY GOD!your pictures are amazing!like ked i cant wait to see the rest!we always knew louise was beautiful but who knew uncle gary was so handsome!charlotte xx

Credit goes to Ourblogtemplates.com for the original Blogger Template. Subsequently modified by Aerovisionit

Back to TOP